REVO Aero: Power Splitter Setup
This page will cover the correct way to connect the cameras and power splitter to the REVO Aero DVR.
There is also a short video at the bottom of the page.
- The REVO Aero HD & HD 2.0 comes with HD compatible Siamese cables (both BNC and power connectors).
|Siamese BNC||BNC Connector||Power Connector|
- On each of these cables are two labels:
- One is marked, "To Camera"
- This end connects to the camera's cable.
- The other is marked, "To DVR"
- This end connects one of the DVR BNC channel ports.
- Grab 1 camera and 1 Siamese cable.
- On that same cable and same side, connect that power connector to the power connector on the camera's cable.
- On the other end of that same cable, connect the BNC marked "To DVR" to an empty Channel port (BNC).
- With all the BNC connections connected, all you should have left are the power connectors on the DVR side of the Siamese cables.
- Plug one of the remaining power adapters into an empty surge protector (make sure the surge protector is plugged into an active wall outlet).
- Connect the power plug on the other end of the power adapter into the receptacle socket on the power splitter.
- Connect each of the power plugs from the power splitter into the
power connector on the Siamese cables which are now behind the DVR.
- This will supply power to the connected cameras.